Dear Shplinky,
What’s up?! Man, this past week has flown by! You’re growing continually and it gets me super excited. You are the size of a quarter…a QUARTER! You’re huge! Your heart is fully developed! It’s beating and fully developed. This makes me sit here and marvel and wonder: I get the incredible responsibility of caring for your heart. I have been given the responsibility to guard your heart. I have been given the responsibility to train your heart. This is so exciting!
Colossians 3:21 says, “Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged” (ESV). Shplinky, I have been wrestling with this passage for a couple weeks. I want so bad for you to do what is right, to love God, and to make the right choices. I also don’t want to be overbearing on you.
The coolest thing I have been praying about has been this commitment I am making to you: I will always care for you and train you in the way you should go, but always encourage you. What am I going to encourage you with? God’s Word; God’s grace; and God’s love. You are going to make mistakes. I am going to make mistakes. But make no mistake about it, I will ALWAYS try my hardest to encourage you, through the good times and hard!
People have asked me how I am going to handle when you make a mistake…even if you make a BIG mistake. Although it might be hard and I might not respond in the right way every time, you will never question or be in doubt that I love you. You will always know that you are loved, no matter what you do.
Your mommy has been getting sick recently. I pray every day that you calm your happy butt down and let mommy be pregnant in peace. I know you want to come out soon to meet us, but seriously, give your mommy a break! Also, her emotions have been all crazy! She’s been a little spacey too. You know what’s funny, I think it’s hilarious! Sure, it’s way different and it’s weird getting used to, but I love it! It’s a side of mommy I’ve never seen. Lastly, she has started some food cravings. Honestly, I feel bad for you. She is going to crave some weird things…and that goes directly to you. Bummer…just a bummer.
So, I have a few questions for you. If could think of the answers and stick to them when you come out that would be great. First, are you going to be crazy-outgoing like me and your Poppa Lambros, or are you going to be more reserved and quiet? Are you going to be left-handed or right? Are you going to cry a lot? Are you going to want more siblings? Are you going to come running up to me when I get home from work? Are you going to be ugly when you come out? If you could have these answers figured out and stick to them that would be awesome. You have about 7 months to figure it out, so take your time. But don’t procrastinate until the end.
A few things to be thinking about:
1. I will be changing your diapers when I am with you, so please do your nasty business while I’m not there…it will be great bonding time for you and mommy.
2. If you are a girl, I won’t be able to stop mommy from decorating you…I’m sorry. It’s just gonna happen.
3. If you are a boy, you will act like a boy. I will let you run around the house naked, pee in the backyard (only at our house), and have toy guns. You will also open the door for your mommy and never be afraid to kiss your mommy on the lips.
I’m counting down the weeks. We’re almost ¼ of the way there! I love you!
Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment