Shplinky,
I’ve been thinking about you a lot today. I really, really want you to come out soon. I know it’s going to be another 7 months or so, but I wish it were right now! I can’t wait to hold you in my arms and watch you. I think for the first couple weeks I’m going to have such a blast watching you; your expressions; your laughs; your cries; your frustrated face; your hungry face; your poop face (which I will video tape). I’m excited to lose sleep over you. I’ve already got a list of video games I’m going to master while I stay up with you. It’s going to be good times!
So, you’ve probably been wondering, while you’re in there, what your family is going to be like. So, let me take these next few letters to tell you about your family. Starting off with your mommy:
Your mommy has an amazing story. God has been watching over her life in incredible ways. I’ll let her tell you her remarkable story of redemption and grace…it’s amazing! The first thing you should know about your mom though, is that she loves you the most (second to me ;). She is the most loving person you will ever meet. She never sees the wrong in somebody (at first). She has the biggest heart you will ever see! She cares for people. She serves people. She takes interest in people. It’s incredible to see, and even more incredible to be a part of.
The second thing you need to know about your mommy, is that she loves your daddy with unconditional love. Your daddy is a broken, busted up dude, but your mommy loves him no matter what. She serves him every day. She listens to him. She cares for him. Her heart breaks when his heart breaks. She gets excited for what excites him. She always supports him. She submits to him Biblically…not in value but in role.
The third thing you need to know about mommy, is that she loves Jesus with all her heart. She is not perfect by any means. She makes mistakes. She sins. Yet, her love for her Savior flows from a heart that has been completely changed by God. It is contagious. It is evident. It is the best!
A couple other things you need to know: 1) she loves country music (don’t worry, I’ll make sure she doesn’t force you to listen to that crap) 2) she is a veggie FREAK…so just prepare yourself 3) she can’t stand boogers …so I will be cleaning your snot for you…and if you could make sure you don’t sneeze all over her, that would be great!
So, your heartbeat right now is about 150 beats a minute…which is awesome. You are going to have a strong heart…physically and spiritually.
You are growing super fast (in baby time). You are going to grow for many years to come…physically and spiritually.
Shplinky…I’m so stinkin’ excited for you. I can’t wait to see a picture of you soon!
A few things to be thinking about:
1. Start thinking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches…your dad loves them…and wants to have lots of them with you
2. Continue to tell your mommy that her boy names for you are horrible.
3. Start thinking which sport you want to focus on…baseball, basketball, football, soccer…etc.
4. The Phoenix Suns aren’t doing too good right now…but they’re still our team!
Love you Shplinky!
Your Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment