Friday, November 12, 2010

Letter #2 - from Daddy to Shplinky

Dear Shplinky,

What’s up?  I hope all is going well in there (mommy’s tummy).  This week I’ve been thinking a lot about how much you are growing.  You are already 10,000 times bigger now than when you were first conceived.  Holy moly that’s big!  It’s also super cool that you’re growing.  Obviously you won’t realize it until you’re much older, but you have been created by an incredible God.

[13] For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
[14] I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
[15] My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
[16] Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them,
 the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
(Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)

It’s amazing to read these verses, Shplinky, and realize what they are saying.  Right now, you are being “woven” together by God…every single part…even your most inner parts (between you and me, I’m hoping you have an outer part…just saying).  Every detail being designed and created aren’t just by accident.  They are made by God Himself.  On top of that, He is making you wonderful!  No matter what you look like, what sex you are, what you’ll look like in 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 100 years, you are wonderfully made.  You are being made with intricate design and detail.  Shplinky, your days of creation are already written in God’s timeline.  God is in control…has been since before you were created…and will always be, forever and ever.

I want you to know little Shplinky, that you being in mommy’s tummy is pretty nerve racking.  There are definitely a lot of things that can go wrong.  Sometimes I get hit with thoughts of “what if something bad happens?”  My heart becomes fearful for you, for your mommy, and for our family, if something were to happen to you.  Yet, these verses I just stated give me so much comfort as I wait for you to come.  You are such an incredible picture of God’s sovereignty and grace.  When you are born, it will show God’s grace in such an incredible way (and also His sovereignty).  If you are not born, it will show God’s sovereignty in the very same incredible way (and also His grace).  “Watching” you grow is showing me how both God’s grace and sovereignty work together.  Thank you for that.

So your mommy and I had a “horrible” time thinking up names for you yesterday.  We pretty much already have a good idea what your name will be if you are a girl.  Yet, if you are a boy, we are stuck.  We have no idea what your name will be.  Your mommy is throwing out absurd names like Kyler and Blake!  Can you believe that?  Listen, I don’t know how you’re communicating with mommy right now, but seriously, start communicating some sense into her.  Trust me, you don’t want to be called Kyler for the rest of your life.

What were my names you might ask?  I’m glad you wondered.  I was talking about Owen, Skyler, Rock, Jett, etc.  Not gonna lie, those are kind of kick butt names!

Well, I’ll leave you with a few more things you should be thinking while in your mommy’s tummy (and I promise to tell you all about mommy next letter):

1.   Left-handed people are the coolest people ever…so start working on that.
2.  Cheerleading is not a sport (if you are a girl and want to do that, it’s totally cool, but it’s still not a sport).
3.  Starbucks is the worst coffee you will ever drink.  As a member of TeamLambros II, you will call Starbucks…StarSUCKS. 
 

I love you and am counting down the days!

Love,
Your Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment